Sunday, March 7, 2010

Growing Up

On Friday night, Mom and I and the girls went to Lamar. Wild West Athletics (Tess's gymnastics group) had a "Fun Friday/Parents Night Out". It is a time in which you can drop off your child from 5-8 p.m. for $10.00 and they do gymnastics and feed them pizza. I had taken Tess to one other Fun Friday last winter with some other girls from here. This time she was on her own. When we arrived Joette told me she had FIFTY sign up. We went in the bathroom and changed Tess's clothes, put her stuff in a cubbie and walked into the gym. I have her a hug and she was off!!!! I couldn't believe it. There were kids everywhere and she jumped right in! She wasn't nervous at all. As her mother I was completely shocked. Tess has a tendency to be more reserved and shy and to cling to me in new situations. I was taken aback because she knew NO ONE, she was the only Syracuse kid there. I was very proud of her.

Mom, Hailey, and I left and went to eat and do some grocery shopping. It was so nice to have some Mom-time. I don't care how old you get, a person still needs mom-time. I felt like I haven't seen or talked to either of my parents in such a long time.

My dad stopped by last Wednesday on his way home from work. It was just such a nice surprise to have him here. He'd stopped by on other occasions, usually to pick up Tess for an overnight stay. But it was really nice to have him here 'just because'. Thanks Dad!

No comments:

Hit Counter

Clay, Lacey, Tess, & Hailey

Clay, Lacey, Tess, & Hailey
July 2008

About Me

This blog is to share with our family and friends all of the happenings in our lives.